• Cute, and charming house with many special features
• Working fireplace – enjoy many winter evenings in front of a toasty fire
• Beautiful exposed chestnut molding in the living room, dining room and sun room
• Wood floors throughout the house
• Enjoy sunlight that pours in through the back windows in the morning
• Roomy attic with plenty of storage or able to be finished for extra room
• Extra-long back yard
• Tight knit neighborhood.
• Picturesque, tree-lined street
• Close to Maplecrest Park, Maplewood Pool, train station, Seth Boyden and Clinton Elementary Schools, Maplewood Middle School and Columbia High School
Dear Future Homeowner,
Welcome to 10 Oakland Terrace! Oakland Terrace is a quiet, tree-lined street with great neighbors and lots of families. It is close walking distance to Maplecrest Park on Oakland Road and Maplewood Pool on Boyden Avenue. The jitney to the train station stops at the corner, but it is an easy walk to the train station. We are close to both Clinton Elementary and Seth Boyden Elementary (both excellent schools), Maplewood Middle School and Columbia High School. We were very happy with the Maplewood/South Orange school system.
The sycamore tree in front of the house, besides being beautiful, offers cooling shade and helps to keep the house cool.One of my favorite things to do in the morning is to have my coffee on the back porch and watch the sun come up. As the sun rises, sunlight pours through the kitchen windows. Houseplants love it back there too. The afternoon sun filters through the trees and lights up the sunroom making the view from the desk especially enjoyable.
This has been an amazing home to raise our two children (now teenagers). We have made friends that we will have forever. We have enjoyed progressive dinners with neighbors, community yard sales and backyard barbecues. I have felt very safe living here and everyone looks out for one another.We have loved living here, hosting thanksgivings and birthday parties, hanging stockings above the fireplace at Christmas and filling baskets at a neighbor’s annual Easter egg hunt.
Good luck on your search for your home. We have made many wonderful memories in this home. I wish the same for you.
Susan and Ray Leone
Walk To Jitney