• First floor boasts living room, dining room, family room, kitchen with breakfast nook, and powder room
• Charming living room with wood molding, recessed lighting, and arts and craft detail.
• Bright and airy kitchen with new Stainless dishwasher and refrigerator and adjacent breakfast nook.
• Large finished basement rec-room with dry bar
• Beautifully renovated bathrooms
• Abundant custom closets with built-in storage system
• New double pane windows throughout
• Whole house attic fan helps to keep the house cool.
• Great deck and yard perfect for grilling and entertaining!
• Great location. Close to Jitney stop, Clinton School, and Borden Park.
Dear Future Homeowner,
Welcome to 104 Midland Blvd.! We moved here from Brooklyn with our first daughter a decade ago. Now we have two daughters, ages 7 and 11, so we have been through many stages of life in this wonderful home. We came to Maplewood by way of Brooklyn, craving more space, a yard and an easier day-to-day lifestyle. We have found all that and more here in our home on Midland Boulevard.
The house is bright and full of windows. Our backyard gets the afternoon sunshine, which makes grilling and outdoor play ideal. We love our original wood floors. The double-paned windows keep us cozy in winter, and the attic fan cools the whole house in minutes! The built-in shelving and storage benches we’ve recently added to the upstairs closets and dining room have made storage and organization so simple, from clothing to coloring books.
We love having both a playroom and an office in our basement, and at night, we often retreat down to the basement bar with friends while the children sleep or play with friends upstairs. The basement is truly an all-family space!
We work in Manhattan and Brooklyn. The commute is easier than we ever expected it to be! The train ride lands us in Midtown more quickly than it did from Brooklyn. We read or sleep on the train, catch up on life, and the Jitney is just a couple of blocks away, taking us conveniently to the station and back.
Midland is a super-friendly block, with lots of children, from babies to middle-schoolers. You can be as private or as social as you want. Summertime means scooters and training wheels on the sidewalks, an annual block party, and a few residents even project children’s films on their lawns at dusk–everyone is welcome to drop by and hang out. There is an active Midland Blvd. Association. Plus, Boyden Park is just 3 blocks away with a playground, a giant field, a bike path and tennis courts! Midland is also a quiet block without much late-night noise–afternoon slip-and-slides on front lawns are more the speed. On Halloween, Midland is ablaze with decorations. Parents look out for each other’s kids. Children roam up and down the block in groups, with adults following behind, as excited about visiting the super-creatively decked-out houses as they are about the candy!
We live right by Clinton school, which is one of the few neighborhood-walking schools in the district. We are sad to leave this warm, wonderful neighborhood school. Because it is so close-by, parents and caretakers from the community walk to or from school with their children-it is a great way to meet and connect with others–and everyone spills out onto the playground and blacktop after school, the adults chatting while the children play. From our children’s primary teachers to their “specials” teachers (art, music, gym, etc.), we have found every educator to be nurturing, creative and receptive to parent involvement and input. We will always remember Principal O’Neill’s annual St. Patrick’s bagpiper tradition by the flagpole, while “leprechauns” make mischief for the children to find when they enter school. The PTA is strong and brings to the school a variety of cultural arts assemblies throughout the year. But Clinton’s annual All-School Musical, in which students are grouped in mixed-grades, takes the cake. Each year, Clinton parents devote their talents, time and energy to letting our children collaborate on every step of performance, from set-design and lighting to choreography and singing, culminating in a sold-out, multi-performance show.
Perhaps most special about our particular location is our super-short walk to the town pool. Going to the pool is like stepping back in time to simple summers of slides and diving boards, lobster rolls and Ping-Pong. Our younger daughter loves the arts and crafts. Our older daughter earned her diving certification. There are pools for every age group, inexpensive swimming lessons and live music every Wednesday night. I’ve made some of my closest friends in town just by showing up at the “baby and toddler pool” when we first moved here, and I knew no one. While our children waded around and shared (or cried about!) pool toys, we chatted and bonded.
Some comments from the kids:
Our 11-year old: “You don’t need to drive or even ride a bike to a friend’s house-you can just walk.”
Our 7-year old: “I’m going to miss barbequing on our deck and the flat driveway for playing ball.”
We hope that you enjoy visiting 104 Midland and that you, too, make wonderful memories in it!
Sheri Weinstein/Adam Friedland
Improvements Made to 104 Midland Blvd., Maplewood
(We moved here in October, 2005)
1. New windows throughout home, 2008
2. Alarm system (ADT)-two zone, added
3. New floor in dining room (Pergo), 2005
4. Added custom, built in-dining bench (with 2 custom cushions), with deep drawers and deep bench storage, 2013
5. Recessed lighting in living room, 2014
6. New stainless refridgerator and stainless dishwasher, 2014/2015
7. Washer and dryer, 2008
8. Replaced hot water heater, 2005
9. Entirely new furnace and switched to gas heat, 2014
10. Gut renovation of full bath, 2008
11. New basement floor, 2010
12. We have sump pump and french drains
13. We have an enormous attic fan (walk-up attic, potential for finishing as bedroom)
14. Renovated smaller bedroom, knocking out a wall to make deep closet with shelves and bench for toy storage, sitting, etc., 2015
15. Renovated closet in 2nd bedroom, making it a proper walk-in, 2015
16. Refinished deck, 2014
17. New front steps and railing, 2013
18. 4 window A/Cs
19. Custom window treatments throughout first floor
Walk To Jitney