This wonderfully maintained and updated 5 bedroom/3.1 bath colonial home features an elegant open kitchen/family room, central air conditioning, gas fire place, and large finished basement. The gourmet kitchen, w/6 burner Viking gas range/dual electric convection oven and auxiliary oven in center island, Sub Zero refrigerator, and large pantry, flows effortlessly to the family room or dining room. Perfect for entertaining! The master suite includes a walk-in-closet, full bath, and office/nursery. Another suite on the 3rd floor is perfect for overnight guests. The finished basement is the ultimate rec room. It includes an air hockey table, HD projection screen, sauna, and fitness equipment. The front porch is perfect for those lazy summer afternoons. All of this in close proximity to town, train and schools!
Jefferson Elementary/ Maplewood Middle School / Columbia High School
2016 Taxes: $27,206
- Great space for entertaining on first level with bright roomy dining room to accommodate large groups of family and friends
- Chef’s kitchen with 6 burner Viking gas range with dual electric convection oven and auxiliary oven in island, large Sub Zero refrigerator, and Bosch dishwasher
- Best of both world’s walk-in pantry in kitchen which offers plenty of storage yet tidy appearance for the combo kitchen/family room
- Luxurious master bedroom suite with walk-in his and her closet, en suite bath, and room that can be used as study or nursery
- Front porch for sitting on beautiful fall, spring and summer days to enjoy a glass of wine or read while saying hello to neighbors
- First floor den good for catching up on work on evenings and weekends or for children to do their homework
- Washer dryer tucked behind handsome sliding door in first floor powder room for easy laundry duty – particularly handy for families with small children
- Peaceful, quiet street – conducive to relaxing and sleeping
- Well appointed third floor bedroom suite with adjoining study and bath – good as second bedroom suite for teen or luxurious guest bedroom
- Two additional roomy bedrooms on 2nd level offering plenty of space to play, study and have sleep overs
- Cozy winter evenings in front of the fireplace (trouble-free gas fired) in the living room
LETTER TO FUTURE OWNER
Dear Future Owners,
We have lovingly renovated our home from top to bottom with several goals.
- First, we wanted a comfortable home to raise our then 7- and 3-year old sons, a place where we could share happy times together as a family, and where our sons could play, study and entertain their friends.
- Second, we wanted an inviting home to host birthdays, holidays, reunions, movie nights and community fund raisers for extended family and friends.
- Third, we wanted a house that respected its turn-of-the century architecture but offered the modern conveniences of central air conditioning, gas-powered fireplace, first floor laundry room, and the luxury of a chef’s kitchen, home theatre and gym.
We’re grateful to have many happy memories from accomplishing all three goals.
In addition to the charms of our home, there is much to enjoy about the community. Our house is an easy eight-minute walk to the Midtown Direct train which offers a shorter commute to Manhattan than from many parts of Brooklyn and Queens. The convenience of Midtown Direct is a boon for friends and family who like to take public transportation when visiting.
We are steps away from stores, restaurants, movie theatre and services that allow us to have the best of both worlds – urban-like conveniences in a leafy and tranquil suburb.
Our two sons walked to elementary, middle- and high school where they had lives rich with friends, sports, and extracurricular activities. They received a caliber of education that got them admitted to the top colleges and universities in the country.
This is all possible for future residents, and we wish all the same and more to them.
The Current 12 Ridgewood Terrace Homeowners
Distance to Maplewood Train Station: