Top 10 reasons to live in & love 14 Suffolk Avenue, Maplewood:
1. Kitchen- the house appears deceptive from the outside but it is quite roomy on the inside, especially when you see the gourmet kitchen. There is a Jenn Aire stove with 6 burners, a griddle which is great for making pancakes on Sunday mornings as well as double oven. The garbage disposable also creates less garbage. The cabinets have plenty of storage, pull out shelves, self closing doors and all the great features of modern cabinetry. The under cabinet lighting on the granite is pretty to look at. The peninsula is a great gathering spot, whether having a cupcake decorating party or watching over the children do their homework.
2. Stone patio with elevated pergola – The pergola has a movable cover, which is great for sunny days. There is so much space that you are able to include seating for 10 +.
3. Oversized backyard leaves plenty of room for a garden, swing set and a cottage for the children to play in while you can still entertain guests. The French doors leading to the stone patio is a great way for people to come in and out of the house.
4. After a long day of entertaining, it is great to unwind in the Jacuzzi bathtub. The tub is oversized and deep, allowing two people to fit in.
5. Basement- if it is too cold outside, the children can go down to the basement to play and run around with ease. The basement has it’s own working half bathroom as well as a refrigerator and there already is a set up for a flat screen entertainment system with cable.
6. Fireplace- Not a victim to PSEG high energy bills during the winter months. The fireplace has a wood burning stove insert with a fan. It easily heats up the first floor during the winter months.
7. Kitchen blackboard- no need to find that paper and pen to leave your loved ones a note or remind them to pick up milk. The blackboard in the kitchen area is large and easy for all to see, if you are coming in from the back or making a run to the fridge for a snack. It’s a great place to show children how to make their letters and you never have to worry about them drawing on the walls here. The magnetic board is equally just as much fun.
8. Laundry- It is very convenient to have it on the first floor instead of dragging it to the basement.
9. Storage- the house has plenty of storage. The cabinets are perfect for the Costco members that love to bulk shop. The bathroom has a full wall to wall shelving system and there are cabinets on either side of the fireplace which is a great place to store board games. There is also storage beneath the stairs and in the basement.
10. Location- You will love being able to take the express train into the city regularly and only being 20 minutes away from Newark Airport.
A letter from the Sellers about this Neighborhood:
“Suffolk Avenue is a friendly and fun 2 blocks. We have block parties every year…sometimes twice a year, where the second one is an Oktoberfest! Our block parties have games and prizes for both children and adults, face painting, moonbounce, music, great food and spirits. It’s great when all the neighbors come together. In fact, other streets email us wanting in! Also great is how the neighbors always pull together to help each other out, whether it is watching the children for a few hours, going to the gym together, bringing in the mail, watering the plants and watching over the pets while on vacation or even borrowing those two eggs needed to bake the cake. When we have lost power, we are well known for gathering in the middle of the street and having an impromptu block party and cooking all the food in the fridge. During the winter months when the snow reaches 3+ inches, we use the one monster snow blower we all pitched in to buy and make “scotch snow comes”, have snow ball contests and make snow people, modeled after the funniest neighbor that year. We are never at aloss to find ways to entertain ourselves as well as the children since Maplewood has so much to offer.” – Current Owners
A shareable picture album can be found here: