Stunning home with open floor-plan perfect for entertaining – gorgeous grounds with great privacy. Central air conditioning, large Living/Dining Rm, bonus office/studio, oversized garage, big bedrooms, and a walk-in closet. This 2 bedroom/1 bath home with bonus studio room is your private sanctuary. Gorgeous woodworking throughout the home with a large stone fireplace as the focal point. The upstairs bath has been renovated with rain shower head and pebbled floor. The unique features, like the original brick facade and bamboo flooring, blend together the past and the present to make this home a one of a kind. During the warmer months, the mature landscaping, large patio, and water feature, is perfect for grilling, entertaining, or just relaxing as the sun goes down. All this, with a Jitney stop to NYC train just a couple blocks away!
Seth Boyden Elementary / Maplewood Middle School / Columbia High School
2016 Taxes: $8,383
- You will love the cozy, cabin feel of the house that all the exposed wood provides. In the winter it is naturally beautiful (especially on the holidays), and in the summer the yard and house are well shaded so it’s not only beautiful, it stays naturally cool.
- The natural privacy that the property gives. Being set back from the street, the trees and the landscaping with perennials (hostas/hydrangeas) provide an oasis to come home to.
- The patio has an outdoor water feature (river rock, no pond) and ample space to grill and entertain!
- Using the rain shower with the pebble floor (fueled by a tankless hot water heater) will be your favorite part of the day.
- The kitchen is the perfect tie-in to the rest of the house. It has custom built cabinets that are adorned by tree branch hardware and glass etchings of the leaves that grow outside.
- The exposed brick in the foyer is the original wall of the house, circa 1920’s. The original window in the brick wall looking into the living room opens the space beautifully.
- Looking out onto the trees provide instant serenity. Having coffee with all the natural light and surrounded by trees is a perfect way to wake up.
- You will love the vinyl hardwood and bamboo floors. Cleaning is a breeze!
- There is a large area above the garage for storage. Very easy to access! There is also an attic for more storage which has a whole house fan for ventilation.
- The large wood burning fireplace completes the house and makes it very special.
LETTER TO FUTURE OWNER
To the new owners of 146 Jacoby Street:
When we started looking at houses in Maplewood, the first thing that struck us about this house was the uniqueness of it. It was set back from the street, it felt very private, the landscaping was thoughtful and well cared for. There was a glorious Magnolia and Japanese Maple tree shrouding a sweet patio near the kitchen door, and a long yard that was masked from the street by curtains of flowering shrubs. Ok, a place to garden, grill and have a cocktail—check! And then, we stepped inside….
We felt as if we had stepped into a cabin in the woods. We fell in love with all of the wood accents and the exposed brick, said “Wow” at the giant fireplace, and marveled at the original window from the 1920’s. and we could tell that the previous owners loved the house and took care of it. The kitchen was a nod to the trees, with a glass cabinet that was etched with the Japanese Maple leaves from outside. It was spacious yet cozy at the same time, a former cottage that was built upon while honoring the original character it has always had. There was no question that this was the right house for us.
We have spent 10 wonderful years in this special house, updating and enhancing it when the time arrives. Many nights have been spent entertaining our friends, whether it’s a summer BBQ with the outdoor waterfall running, casual brunches or our big annual holiday party. We love to relax in front of the fire having wine on a winter’s night or have cocktails in the summer out on the patio. It’s a house that every time a new visitor arrives (even the FedEx guy!), they exclaim how interesting it is and how much they love it. Rest assured, your friends and family will love visiting you here.
The list of perks to living in Maplewood is long. It’s a simple, beautiful place with bright, intelligent people. Maplewood Village is truly unmatched in charm. We’ve had many happy, delicious evenings at Arturo’s and Lorena’s, the movie theater is adorable, and the small businesses are top notch. Our location, though, can add a few more perks to this list. Seth Boyden Elementary is a few minutes walk up the street, as is Maplecrest and Dehart Parks and the huge Maplewood Pool. Our amazing pet care place is a few blocks away as well as the recycling center, and–turns out– having a trustworthy and friendly car mechanic across the street has proven helpful more than a few times! The neighbors are friendly and everything you need for errands is no more than 5 to 15 minutes away: The train to NYC, Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods, Target, Short Hills Mall, the major highways and even the airport. It’s all right here.
Our careers are taking us to the Midwest, and leaving here will be bittersweet. We will miss this picture perfect town, the incredibly diverse community and the friends we have to leave behind. And although we wish we could take this house with us, we know that the next lucky owners will love it like we do. Enjoy making your memories here at 146…we know we have!
The Current 146 Jacoby Homeowners
Distance to Jitney Stop: