• The house is full of sunlight! All through the year at different angles- light pours into the rooms.
• You’ll love curling up on the window seat in the living room on a snowy day with a cup of coffee. It’s a nice place to read.
• You can see what is happening in the backyard from kitchen window while making dinner!
• The charming attic bedrooms will remind you of a quaint New England house.
• Catching fireflies in the backyard on a warm summer night!
• Celebrate thanksgiving with family and friends! It’s so easy to entertain with the large open downstairs spaces!
• The ability to Walk back home from Maplewood Village after the fireworks- you know everyone you’re walking with! Small town celebrations abound on both towns!
• The perfect playground on the corner to cure any boredom blues!
• Walking up to the local coffee and organic foods café to meet a friend.
• The beautiful old apple tree flowers and is visible from so many of the numerous windows!
Dear Future 266 Audley St Homeowners,
We searched through many NJ towns before we found the perfect balance of urban, creative sensibility, and country charm in South Orange! We had lived for 17 years in the West Village and, as a NYC choreographer, I didn’t want to live in a ” typical” suburb! The commute on NJ Transit is easy and relaxing. Actually, when I’m reading, it can feel too short!
266 Audley sits right at the line between Maplewood and South Orange- almost equidistant from both village centers! We jumped at the chance to walk in under 15 minutes to either town center, to pay no annual fee for the country club like South Orange pool, and to be zoned for South Mountain Schools!
266 Audley has a wonderful flow- the large living room extends back and, as a former dancer who spends time in studios choreographing , the large expanse brought me joy and a peaceful feeling I didn’t find in other homes.
The light is simply stunning in this house- it’s what I will miss most. Every room gets light at some point in the day and it’s a joy to watch the seasons shift from this airy house!
It was a terrific place to raise our 3 active, creative kids with space inside and out for all they wanted to do. Audley street is full of families and my kids always had groups of friends who played in our yard or at the park right down the street. For adult sanity the little cafe- a 2 minute walk to Ridgewood -adds a bit of urban sophistication and relaxation. I love meeting friends for coffee there.
We added the master bedroom suite, above the “Maplewood room”, and the finished garage studio when my mother joined us. It made a wonderful balance as she had privacy and yet shared in her grandchildren’s joys and growth!
It’s hard to leave 266 Audley but it’s time for another family to enjoy its many beauties!
The Current 266 Audley St Homeowners
Distance To Train