• Desirable Location- easy to walk or ride bikes to many playgrounds and all the Village has to offer.
• Enjoying weekend coffee on the sunny patio listening to chirping birds and distant church bells.
• Curling up in the cozy family room for movie nights.
• Entertaining in the beautiful backyard for birthday and graduation parties, Easter egg hunts, and kickball games.
• Big bedrooms and closets that have inspired creative forts and game play for children, and a spacious master bedroom and bath that provides a retreat for when the day is done.
• A spacious garage that can hold four bikes, lawnmower, countless crates and CRV… great for snowy winters.
• Having the bus stop for South Mountain Elementary Schools and the jitney to the train just one house away (although you can enjoy the 10 minute walk to the station most days).
• Fantastic, friendly neighbors who share shoveling in the winter and s’mores in the summer, and have impromptu popsicle and pop-rocket parties on the front lawn.
• Wonderful storage in the attic or basement for holiday decorations, seasonal clothing, and hard-to-part-with memorabilia.
• Staying cool in the summer and toasty in the winter with the 2013 furnace and central air system.
Dear Future 266 Ward Place Homeowners,
An incredible career opportunity in New York City brought us to South Orange from Alexandria, Virginia, nearly eight years ago. We looked at 30 houses back then, in South Orange, Maplewood, Millburn, Glen Ridge, and Montclair. We kept coming back to “the blue house” because of its warm character, generous backyard, and family-oriented layout. We were the third family to live here and hope that the fourth will be as happy as we have been.
It is terribly hard to say goodbye, especially when we look at the lines on the family room door frame to mark our kids’ growth– from first steps at Floods Hill, to running through sprinklers in the backyard, to biking around the block. We smile because we know this place was perfect for laying the foundation of their characters. Just in time to sell, we have finally reached a point where we can simply enjoy living and entertaining in this wonderful home, having renovated the kitchen, baths, family room, and sun porch; installed a new furnace, central air system, hot water heater, windows, and whole house water filter; and completely landscaped the yard while also adding a patio and privacy fence. We wish we could stay and enjoy it all, but we have been blessed with another career opportunity, this time in Albany, New York, and look forward to the next exciting chapter in our lives.
The decision to leave is bittersweet because we love this community and our SOMA “framily” (friends who are like family) so very much.Our children have thrived at South Mountain Annex and South Mountain Elementary schools, and we love that they have grown up in such a diverse and inclusive community. Our neighbors are kind and caring, and we have spent many hours enjoying their company at backyard barbeques/happy hours in the spring, summer, and fall, or at post-shoveling cookie and cocoa parties in the winter. Our life here has created a very high bar for where we relocate because we know what a true community can be. We hope you choose to live here so you can experience that, too.
The Current 266 Ward Place Homeowners
Walk To Train