Top 10 Features of 341 Tichenor Ave
1. 1927 center hall colonial bones with 2012 features and updates. The sellers gut-renovated this great home from top to bottom and the result is refreshing. Open floor plan meets history, charm, warmth and innovation.
2. All electric and plumbing updated. This is the work no one wants to do, but while the sellers had all of the walls down not only did they do the cosmetic work, but they also did the work that really matters as well- the stuff that makes you sleep better at night!
3. Changes in the layout on the main floor make for great entertaining and warm livability.
4. Brand new roof installed in 2011 with a 10 year warranty.
5. Totally waterproofed basement with full French drain and 2 sump pumps make this basement totally ready for you to put the cosmetic finishing-touches that suit your personality.
6. Fantastic patio created in 2011, complete with fully installed underground lighting and landscaping. The style, privacy and layout of the patio make it feel like an extension of the home, becoming an outdoor living room!
7. No detail left undone. Little touches like a heated bathroom floor and highest grade stone and cabinets in the kitchen are just a few of the quality details in this home.
8. All bathrooms updated, kitchen totally renovated and includes sound system in ceiling and gourmet wine fridge.
9. Gorgeous hardwood floors.
10. Fully rebuilt and updated working gas fireplace.
11. An easy walk to the downtown South Orange and the train station, but if you don’t feel like walking the Jitney literally stops outside the front door to take you there on rainy and snowy days!
12. Easy walk to Clinton school for families with children who want to attend the zoned public school in the neighborhood.
A Letter to the Future Homeowners:
It is with great pride that we hand over this special house to you. From the moment we first walked through it we knew it was a special home, full of not only great character and beauty, but of complete warmth and happiness as well. When we moved in, the previous owners had been in the home for over 25 years. Their son sold it to us amid stories of the happy years their family had spent in it. It has a great feel to it and we knew it right away. We spent many months renovating it prior to moving in. We wanted to make sure to update it in a way that felt modern but gave reference to where the home came from.
We have spent so many endlessly joyful days here and raised our 2 children within these walls. Not only is the house special, but the neighborhood too. It is full of young families walking to school in the mornings and parents jetting off to the city on their 23 minute commute into NYC. As you gaze out the front window you look onto the lovely Coudert street, one of the greatest streets in South Orange to teach a kid to ride a bike, rollerblades or a skateboard. As you look out the back window you will never miss the first turning leaves of the fall season or the first flakes of snow as they fall.
As you make this house your own, we wish you all the happiness we have enjoyed here and more.
Your home’s previous owners