• Location, location, location: Our home is on an idyllic quiet tree-lined street – perfect for kids riding bikes, strolls with babies or dog-walking – in the historic Montrose district of South Orange. Beautiful Grove Park and The Marshall School are just around the corner, and it’s a short walk to South Orange village.
• The perennially sunny 4-season porch is special – perfect for watching the blue-jays and cardinals while enjoying a cup of coffee as the sun comes up; and excellent for entertaining – the French doors open out to the deck and backyard.
• The third floor suite is spacious, bright, and charming – and comes with a full bathroom; which makes it a great “independent “living space for au pairs, mothers-in-law or teenagers!
• The basement is finished, large, bright and open; and comes equipped with a half bath – making it a flexible multipurpose space for growing families.
• Vintage charms throughout – original door handles, crown molding, French doors, and incredible built in bookshelves.
• Remodeled designer kitchen with marble countertops, beautiful cabinetry and top of the line appliances – Viking range, Miele dishwasher and GE Monogram refrigerator.
• Ample, practical, and flexible storage throughout – California closets, multiple storage spaces in basement, cedar closets in all bedrooms.
• Great low maintenance yard dotted with spring blooms and fall colors that continually surprise – roses, tulips, daffodils, irises, lilies, and more.
• The first floor flows effortlessly from the 4-season porch through the kitchen and dining room to the living room and the sun-room; which makes it an incredible entertaining space for large groups – you know, for if you end up with 80 new neighbors at a housewarming party, like the owners did!
• Brand new oak hardwood floors on first level, and original parquet floors throughout the rest of the home.
Dear Future 368 Woodland Place Homeowners,
When we bought this incredible house over a year ago, it immediately felt like home. Actually, it was going to be our “forever” home, but life, as it often does, had other plans – so we’re headed out West. But making the decision to leave this house, this neighborhood, and this community wasn’t easy – we built an amazing life for ourselves here in the short time we were here. And this house – with its vintage charms, modern designer kitchen, perennially sunny 4-season porch, and open flow that was perfect for lots of entertaining – was at the heart of that life. And as great as the house is, the community might be better. The historic Montrose district is beautiful; dotted with trees and parks, grand old homes, and streets lit by gas lamps – and filled with warm, inclusive, and diverse families. Our neighbors welcomed us with open arms, invited us over for drinks on our first day here, and generally made us feel at home. There are lots of young families around; and there’s always a play-date, a potluck, a block party, a trip to the community pool, or an impromptu get together at Grove Park (right around the corner) on the agenda. And all of this is just a 30-minute commute into Penn Station. We came to South Orange over a year ago as strangers with an infant; we leave with a toddler and an infant, lifelong friends, and great memories. We hope 368 Woodland Place brings you as much joy as it did us.
The Current 368 Woodland Place Owners
Distance To Jitney